[sldev] Several questions regarding "fully localized viewer"

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed Oct 1 15:18:35 PDT 2008

On 10/1/08 3:02 PM, Alissa Sabre wrote:
> M Linden wrote on a recent blog posting
> ( http://blog.secondlife.com/2008/09/29/4-months-at-the-lab/ ):
>
>   Experience Localization: ...  By the end of the year, the viewer
>   will be fully localized for all our major markets.
>
> This sounds great and exciting ... but what does "fully localized"
> mean?

Hi Alissa,

My understanding is that there's been a lot of work going on both with
working with outside firms on updating our existing viewer translations,
and doing a lot of work to revamp the infrastructure to make it easier
to work with you all on translations.  Danica Linden is responsible for
our localization strategy and has more details.

Rather than pulling in Danica for a more detailed response here, I'd
like to refer you to (previously) well-kept secret, which is the
community translations project (ctproject) mailing list: