[sldev] Sim Size Limits?

Bruce Tong tongb at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 29 11:45:30 PDT 2008

Just out of curiosity, why are sims always 256m x 256m in size? Is the
system running into an issue like a maximum floating point value? Does
it have to do with resources used to model the terrain? I wonder if
"open space" might be a matter addressed by just letting people define
private regions to be larger without getting more prims.

Mind you, I still think the issue raging is more a matter of built up
demand for inexpensive, small, private sims. That customer demand
eventually translates into technical requirements, of course, that are
different from providing "open space."

--
Bruce Tong
Software Engineer