[sldev] Newbie questions about a binary

Vector Hastings vector at leafpile.com
Thu Sep 4 12:28:16 PDT 2008

I've just succeeded in getting a binary out of the old windows path, using
MSVS 2005 Express.

I performed all the steps in
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Converting_project_files_for_MSVS2005
including the optional removals at the end.

I have two questions right off (and they may be related).

1. My new program runs an external console window. I think this is the one
turned off with Advanced>Console Window. But even though I turn it off and
restart the program, it starts back up with it showing.

2. My new binary is 30% larger than the distributed one. 20,352 KB vs.
15,700 KB. It's compiled from the
linden\indra\intra_complete\indra_complete.sln solution, using the Release
configuration. (ReleaseNoOpt is the only other configuration that compiles
for me, and it's even larger.)

Neither by itself is a terrible problem, but they may bespeak things which
are problems (particularly performance, since the binary is larger.

Any insight? I'm very newb to this environment, so anything is helpful.

Thanks to all.

Vector