[sldev] Question: Replacing current group chat with XMPP?

David M Chess chess at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 8 07:36:37 PDT 2008

> From: "Edward Artaud" <edward.artaud at gmail.com>

> Clearly there's some change in roadmap implied by the introduction of
> SLim that these OGP plans aren't taking into consideration.

I don't think so.  From talking to at least some of the relevant Lindens,
the plan is still to get SL IM off of the simulators and into the Agent
Domain.  And we'll still have exactly the same questions to ask in OGP
about what information has to flow between grids in order for inter-grid
IM to work.  How LL is implementing this particular one-grid
non-viewer-client gateway is an interesting datapoint (i.e. it might tell
us something about a use-case or a new requirement that we didn't already
know), but it doesn't change anything major about the OGP work as far as I
can tell...

Dale Innis
DaleInnisEmail at gmail.com