[sldev] Help compiling

Andromeda Quonset AndromedaQuonset at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 01:43:56 PDT 2008

Vector,

I have had several interruptions on this project, and finally giving
it another try.

At the moment, I am attempting to "Do the build of the extra
libraries (fmod, openjpeg, etc) into the separate tree.
I've come up against a problem with this, and trying to build
openjpeg.  Basically, it won't build.  I am using the latest stable
version, which is 1.3.
I am letting VS2005 convert the files, but the build is failing for a
couple of reasons:  I get an error message that a file named
resource.h cannot be found, and I get an error that a file generated
by the compiler cannot be opened with a permission denied error.

I've had a few ideas about this:

1.  Download and use the Windows binaries
2.  Use the Unstable 2.0 release
3. Use the older 1.2 release.

The wiki just says to download the latest tar file of the source.

Anyone besides Vector can jump in and advise :)
Andro