[sldev] Nvidia 3D Goggles?

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 14:21:10 PDT 2008

Linden's servers do maintain some kind of "interest list" that uses camera
position to decide what content to send to the viewer, but the client
usually has control of the position anyway. I don't think small changes in
camera focus direction affect it much, but large changes such as turning
your avatar 180 degrees will result in a lot of object create and kill
packets being sent to your viewer.
Opensim currently sends the whole region to each viewer so it wouldn't be an
issue.

Still, this behavior would seem to work the same way as it does with the
current viewers unless the camera separation was taken to some extreme.