[sldev] physics simulation

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:26:44 PDT 2008

I have googled about it but I can not find any project using the tools of
second life to work with physical simulations.
Everything in SL has the physics simulator build in, I mean give an special
stress to it.
For instance robotics simulation. Where a robot will detect by contact or
laser sensor the shape of objects, get a stream of sound from microphones
and stream of video (or just photos) from cameras.
Traditionally specialized programs are used (Gazebo, Webots, MRS, etc.). The
physics simulation of SL is good enough to do something like that?
Are improvements on the physics simulation (I guess harvok can be tuned to
be more and more precise and CPU intensive) planned for the near future?

--
Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST