[sldev] VWR-10311 Enabling lip sync by default

Gordon Wendt GordonWendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 08:07:50 PDT 2009

Mike, I think I was reading too much into it. On the HTTP-Texture branch I
don't really have any objections but the JIRA issue I believe is about
getting it into the main viewer and my concern is that certain people are
happy to try to use this as a backdoor way to get this implemented on the
main viewer when there are serious objections to doing so. Once it is in
it's much harder to justify removing it even if it was put in just as a
testing feature.

Moriz, First of all I don't aprpeciate the condescending attitude and
secondly, I think I explained myself enough on the JIRA issue as to why I
think that this is a nice feature to have but not useful enough to justify
having on by default. Incidentally, speaking of backing up facts I challenge
you to back up your statement about voice being, "central most feature used
by the most significant income generating sector for LL ie
corporate/education users".

-Gordon