[sldev] Snowglobe1.1.0.2565 : almost no textures logging on OpenSim

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 15:21:40 PDT 2009

Seems like an interesting change.

Is the new first image packet supposed to contain 1024 bytes of
texture data instead of 600?
My guess is this isn't backwards compatible with the standard viewers also.

If the above statements are true, then OpenSimulator won't be able to
support it unless there is viewer version tracking in the UDP stack.
Currently, it treats all viewers the same regardless of version.   I
suppose the only place that it can get this information is from the
login service as well.   Maybe a new part of the AgentCircuit data is
warranted to keep this information propagated on sim crossings.

Let me know and I'll pass this info on to the opensim-dev e-mail list

Regards

Teravus