[sldev] More crash rate statistics

Melinda Green melinda at superliminal.com
Fri Aug 7 15:13:19 PDT 2009

Tillie Ariantho wrote:
> Rob Lanphier wrote:
>

>> The graph is obviously more visually appealing, but the problem is that
>> it shows the crash rate of the viewer is that it currently shows all
>> "Snowglobe Test Build" lumped together in a way that's not going to be
>> entirely indicative of the problems.  Unfortunately, the tools we use to
>> update the graph may not be flexible enough to keep rotating version
>> numbers.
>>

> May I throw in that a low crashrate of a software is not a sign of a "good working product" all by itself?
>
> SL currently might have only a few crashes, but ...
>
> - chat/groups broken greatly
> - pretty bad texture rezzing issues
> - and snapshots almost unusable
> (- add more evil bugs here from JIRA)
>
> ... SL is at least for some people NOT working that well at all.
>
> *I* personally could live with more crashes if I would get working snapshots and fully rezzing textures instead.
>
> I am not sure what you all are working on over there at Linden Labs, as you refuse to tell anything, but at least it is not the bugs that trouble us.
>
> Thank your for reading this!
>
> Tillie

Tillie,

Snapshots work. I have noticed that they've gotten *much* slower for me
but just about everything works. Maybe you're talking about its
usability? It's not helpful to just say that something is bad without
saying what's bad about it and if possible, offering constructive
suggestions to improve it. Otherwise you're just venting, which might
make you feel better but is not terribly helpful or attractive.

-Melinda