[sldev] More crash rate statistics

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 03:13:26 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Melinda Green<melinda at superliminal.com> wrote:
> Tillie,
>
> Snapshots work. I have noticed that they've gotten *much* slower for me

They don't work for me.

If someone makes a snapshot and offers it to me, I NEVER
get to see it. It stays at 0x0 until I relog.

The reason is (I believe) that it's almost immediately
marked as missing when it's being offered and therefore
no attempt to download it is made.

Imho, we need a better review of patches that are being
merged from internal (maint-xxx), it's those merges that
introduce heaps of bugs in snowglobe. The more snowglobe
is going to deviate from the "official" viewer, the
more that will happen.

What is wrong here is this:

If some change that is written for a DIFFERENT branch / version
is merged, then this patch should be merged on it's own
by someone who knows the changes in snowglobe (in that area)
very well, as well as understands the changes that are being
implemented.

But what happens is that a LOT of changes/patches are being
bulk-merged with ONLY regard for "does it comple or not?".
There is no real QA here, and certainly no review.