[sldev] More crash rate statistics

Melinda Green melinda at superliminal.com
Sat Aug 15 12:54:22 PDT 2009

Stickman wrote:
>> Yes, that was me. I couldn't find the original paper at that time but I
>> tried a second search just now and this time I found it. It was presented at
>> SIGGRAPH '93 titled "Adaptive Display Algorithm for Interactive Frame Rates
>> During Visualization of Complex Virtual Environments" by Thomas Funkhouser
>> and Carlo Séquin (two of my favorite researchers, BTW). The algorithm is
>> extremely elegant if a little tricky to code but it works quite well. Here
>> is their paper: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~funk/sig93.pdf
>>

> So which Linden or open source developer do we forward this thread to
> so they can file it away until such time they work on it?

I think that enough Linden developers monitor this list that it's now
known about by enough of the right people. The problem is that all of
them are already overworked on higher priority projects. I think the
best we can hope for is that one of them decides they really want to do
this and then begins to fool with it in their spare time while working
to finish or otherwise divest from other projects in the hopes of
getting the green light to take this one to completion.

-Melinda