[sldev] More crash rate statistics

Tillie Ariantho tillie at xp2.de
Fri Aug 7 15:57:04 PDT 2009

Melinda Green wrote:

> Snapshots work. I have noticed that they've gotten *much* slower for me
> but just about everything works. Maybe you're talking about its
> usability? It's not helpful to just say that something is bad without
> saying what's bad about it and if possible, offering constructive
> suggestions to improve it. Otherwise you're just venting, which might
> make you feel better but is not terribly helpful or attractive.

Only to mention those that annoy me most:

- Screensize is 2560x1600, Snapshot does 2560x1599 when selecting "current window", so 1 line of pixels missing.
- Preview window shows anything but the scene you try to snap.
- Mirrored glow on highres snapshots.
- Freeze doesnt freeze particles, clouds etc.
- Highres snapshots show weird lines in clouds and water at the center of the saved snapshot

not direcly snapshots but related to my photography work:

- textures not rezzing very often, on all versions of 1.23.x and Snowglobe 1.x.
- I crash a lot when doing snapshots at crowded places, like fashion shows, SL probably spamming memory with textures and stuff and crashing due to memory issues at some point.

and lots more.

And my hardware isnt that bad... Intel Quad 9300, 8GB Ram (Vista 64bit SP1), Geforce 260 GTX (896 MB), latest patches an drivers, 1.23.x and Snowglobe are worse that the 1.22.x and 1.21.x versions.
Don't tell me it's Vista 64bit, doesnt work any better on XP SP3 32bit, same bugs, same crashing during shows.

Here you have a list off almost all the stuff: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-7709 (Snapshot Meta Issue)

I have the bad feeling that no one is working on snapshots anymore. Someone did till 1.23 and broke something with each subrelease, I saw no improvement, only more bugs.

Tillie