[sldev] Licensing of SL avatars and animations

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:06:55 PDT 2009

The meshes, skeletons, and animations for the SL avatars have been available
for download at http://secondlife.com/community/avatar.php however there is
no licensing terms listed for these content. I've heard it stated by several
people that these are available under Creative Commons, but I cannot find
anything which explicitly states this. Also, apparently the morph targets
for these meshes have been extracted and formatted for use in 3D
applications and are available here:
http://www.ccccybernetics.com/avatar_databank/
Where might I look to find explicit licensing terms for these content?

Apologies if this is not the proper forum for these questions.

Best regards,
Dahlia Trimble