[sldev] "parcel" media should include the ability to set local host, at least in a HUD instance

Celierra Darling Celierra at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 21:24:35 PDT 2009

To support being able to pass media URLs to agents without an associated
parcel, I'd direct attention to the spin-off issues (SVC-4272, -4273, or
-4274; I think *SVC-4273 <http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4273>* is
most relevant here).  That did look useful, but it was a bit of a hack, and
it probably would have been only a matter of time before the lack of that
parcel check would have caused trouble or at least annoyance (ex. something
scanner-based radiating into adjacent parcels accidentally, perhaps).  But I
hope they do turn around and provide one of those better suggestions in its
place.
Celi