[sldev] "parcel" media should include the ability to set local host, at least in a HUD instance

mitch at mckenzie.ws mitch at mckenzie.ws
Tue Aug 18 16:05:46 PDT 2009

Hi Lawson,

I had a hud that does alot of what you are talking about, even had a way
to implement it that avoided silly parcel limitations by using a single
antenna in the sim to make the media call to the agent, not the parcel,
but then Soft Linden decided to kill it off and call it a "Bug" after
several years in active use on the main grid with out a single
compliant. You can see the nasty history here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4133  ... They decided it could be
used to harvest I.P.s even though the current parcel system allows for
simple I.P. harvesting just as it sits today.

I still have some levels of functionality available, but not near the
simplicity for users as it was before they killed it off.Hollar and I
will show you my examples in world..

Media Hax