[sldev] Renaming secondlife-bin.exe

izze euler izzee at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 04:47:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to launch my compiled version of the Second Life viewer from a browser by calling secondlife:///app/login. I have changed the registry to open my version, however when the launch application popup opens, it lists the software as secondlife-bin.exe.

Is there anyway I can change the text that is displayed?

Or do I have to change the .exe file? If I change the secondlife-bin.exe file to mysecondlife.exe for example, will this affect me compiling my viewer? If so, what else do I need to change?

Thanks

Kind Regards,
Izze