[sldev] Sharing edit permissions of a script - without the need to transfer ownership first. Please comment

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 06:02:26 PDT 2009

http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-316

I added a few comments to that jira and would appreciate
it if some people could comment. We need to get to a consensus
that this IS a bug, and what is the solution, so it can be fixed :)

Quote from jira:

Since permissions are irrelevant, I'll put comments about permissions between
brackets and make them ridiculously permissive , just to make a point.

Needed two avatars, A and B, both in a group G (both active).

Let A create a prim (set the prim to group G, check "Share with group",
"Allow anyone to copy", "Next owner can Modify, Copy and Resell/Give away").

Let A go to contents and create a new script. Edit the properties of the
new script and mark "Share with group" (check "Allow anyone to copy",
and "Next owner can Modify, Copy and Resell/Give away").

(Let A and B even be partners , heheh)

(Let A and B have eachothers Build permissions)

Let B come and try to view/edit the script... insufficient permissions...

Excuse me? Insufficient permissions? Where?