[sldev] Bad avatar baked textures (was: Re: Snowglobe 1.2 RC coming soon)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:37:05 PST 2009

On 2009-12-01, at 10:59, Nyx Linden wrote:
> "Rebake textures" should still trigger an upload of your avatar's
> baked textures. Is there sufficient reason to believe that we're
> using cached versions (whether server or client-side) of the bakes
> even when you manually specify "rebake textures"?

I have rarely been able to "clear" any kind of messed up avatar
textures simply by doing "rebake" without mucking about in appearance.
I don't know if the bakes are being cached or the in-vram copies of
the textures are being trashed. The current situation is better than
it has been, at one point I had to actually change some setting on a
wearable to get a good rebake. It doesn't matter whether it's the
stock viewer, a modified one, or snowglobe. This has been the norm for
at least a couple of years.