[sldev] Small easy target features to consider for Snowglobe

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Wed Dec 9 22:39:52 PST 2009

Hi,

It was suggested to me that some small relatively easy to hack features
would be cool addition to Snowglobe. Additionally, those are small, limited
tweaks to existing functionality so they should be nice targets for would be
contributors looking for first contributions. Here are those 3 features:

SNOW-386 : Improve "Show look at" feature : We have this under the Advanced
menu as a debug feature already but it needs some polish to look less
"geeky". I added some ideas of improvements suggestions in the JIRA record.
Seems like an easy target as there's code already in there that just need
love.

VWR-7427 : Allow custom texture for selection beam particles : This is a
year old request. Got some votes, no patch. The related code looks very
small and easily hackable (I checked tonight). I'm not convinced of the
importance of this as a feature but it's an easy and truly cool "first
contribution" target :)

VWR-7604: Suggested behaviour change for "Sit here" when targeting the
ground : The JIRA description makes a lot of sense and is very clear. No
patch though. That one is a feature I would use for sure. I haven't looked
in the code but it seems possible to expand from the existing "Sit here"
behavior (at least, start to understand that before moving to expand it).

Any takers?

Cheers,
- Merov