[sldev] Help getting started

Laurence Brickner brickrte at hughes.net
Mon Dec 14 05:44:34 PST 2009

Thanks for the reply Merov,

Actually, I've made some progress.  I was using VS 2008 on XP Pro.  I have
reinstalled VS 2005 and manually added the cygwin directories.  I now
reportedly get a successful rebuild.  When I start debugging, the media test
app launches and gives media events in the console display as I move the
mouse around over the Windows part.  But the viewer doesn't launch.  In
fact, I can't find it.  LOL.  So, I'm sure it's operator-error at this
point.

I just noticed that installing the Server SDK didn't put anything in the
directories.  So I have some work to do.

Shor

  _____