[sldev] Memory Allocation Algorithms and Tools - Script Limits

Darrius Gothly dgothly at erotobotics.com
Sun Dec 20 06:20:37 PST 2009

Yup .. that'll stop it, but it doesn't signal "and give up all my resources
cuz I am done done done."

The llSetScriptState function has a different purpose, to suspend a script
that isn't needed right now but might again sometime soon. The proposed
llEnd function is a one-way dead-end off the cliff call that can't be undone
from code. And it tosses in the handy attribute of being for one purpose and
one purpose only, "take this script out of contention for resources." With
llSetScriptState, any guess the VM makes about the script's resources is
just that, a guess.