[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:06:56 PST 2009

Carlo Wood wrote:
> In practise I could imagine that unrelated premium avatars
> can enter any sim that they are allowed to enter and have
> a given "reserved" amount of memory for their attachments.
> But I want it to be possible to use that "reserved" amount
> for objects when that avatar is not there.

In the short-term with the current state of resources and tech now
available, I agree with you.

In the long term, there should be separation so that premium avatar and
premium land aren't affected by the same limits.

There is too much blur between the two right now. I think the major
concern brought up in this thread is how to make it not complicated to
understand. How do you explain to non-geeky a fashion model that the
script used to animate her outfit needs to be redone to not make such a
negative impact on the fashion show?

Hehe. *wink*