[sldev] Fwd: Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:55:11 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Martin <robertltux at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration
To: Darrius Gothly <dgothly at erotobotics.com>

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Darrius Gothly <dgothly at erotobotics.com> wrote:
> Nah, I didn't confuse other people returning objects with the system

> LL really should consider an option on an Object called "Do Not Suspend",
> perhaps limiting that to 1 Object per 100sqm or some such, so critical items
> such as remote deposit boxes, ATMs, and other money handling devices cannot
> be suspended at all. Maybe the presence of a money() event and the
> http_response()/http_request() events in a State would exclude that script
> from suspension eligibility, although that would open it up to abuse as
> folks would just put those events in every script state to prevent
> suspension no matter what.

semi related subjects
1 any script suspension should consider Non-Parcel owner
attachments/items first then parcel owner stuff then estate owner
stuff (maybe there should be a way to send a security key to "prove"
the item is a DNS item with a limit of 15 keys per avatar)

2 there needs to be a better way of seeing avatar load than ARC since
the number is semi fictional (it counts prims more heavily than
scripts)

3 Please create a way to lock edit on an object by UUID (or even allow deletion)
right now in my skybox i have an item that is unselectable (cloaking
script) and i would like to remove it without doing a complete rebuild
--
Robert L Martin

--
Robert L Martin