[sldev] Script memory limits, promises, parcel bonus

Maggie Leber (sl: Maggie Darwin) maggie at matrisync.com
Tue Dec 22 13:05:28 PST 2009

Kelly Linden wrote:
>  Estate owners should be able to do with script resources what they
> can currently do with prim resources.

I hope that includes overcomitting individual parcels in the way the
current "parcel bonus" allows, because otherwise the management of our
current sim will be nearly impossible.

We manage prims per shareholder, not per parcel, as our shareholders
can and do rez prims...

(including vehicles, remeber SVC-22? We sure do! And it's still not
fixed... Babbage says script memory for vehicles is going to be
deducted from the parcel quota...joy)

... throughout the sim. The shareholders do own parcels, for the
purpose of controlling access rights and media settings.

I haven't heard anybody promise this facility will be available when
script memory limits are implemented yet.

I can just imagine how this is going to happen, we'll be ignored until
the last minute, and then dismissed as an "edge case", and told to
submit an enhancement JIRA.