[sldev] Script to client channel.

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 07:49:19 PST 2009

On 2009-02-17, at 05:52, Thomas Shikami wrote:
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> If they're not using the custom viewer they'll see a single message
>> like "$init$74236478" when they attach, the viewer won't respond
>> with "/74236478 $ok$" (or whatever the protocol you come up with
>> does) and that'll be it.
> the purpose of the custom script -> viewer channel would be to avoid
> that "$init$..." message to display at all to non-custom viewers. An
> alternative could be to change the standard viewer to hide
> llOwnerSay that starts with @ or $. In any way, looking for
> something cleaner that is fully transparent to users with standard
> viewers and already existing viewers.

Yah, I got that, I was just pointing out that you wouldn't be
automatically getting spammed by using chat from an attachment.

I do think that it's a good idea to have better view-server side
support, not just for streaming data like this but also for static
data... so a script could set a tagged attribute on a prim that a
modified viewer would see and interpret... and for non-volatile
storage in prims and for low impact object-object shared state.