[sldev] Failed build on x86_64, failed including glib?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 17:04:41 PST 2009

Ricky wrote:
> Hmm... Any ideas on where I can modify the cmake control system so that
> it will pass a custom folder location to ld for looking in for the
> ndofdev library?  I'd rather not bury the library in my system just yet. :)
>
> I'm not familiar yet with the inner workings of a CMake system.  I'm
> studying the implementation here and I'm making some headway, but I
> don't yet know enough...

Well /usr/local/lib is for you to put your own stuff in that is not
mixed in with your distros package installed libs so it should be
probably empty anyway and that is the prefered location for user
installed packages for that very reason.

As for cmake

try looking at indra/cmake/NDOF.cmake but that only current uses

use_prebuilt_binary

and i'm not 100% sure what that does in a STANDALONE situation. You may
wish to follow the examples of some of the Find* files in indra/cmake/
for how they find a lib if you want to modify.

Robin