[sldev] Format of install.xml

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Mon Jan 5 23:35:24 PST 2009

On 01/05/2009 07:31 PM, Ricky wrote:
> Thanks for the response!
>
> I think I will use the custom function approach.  It is fast to
> implement (considering I already made the XPath string!) and I don't
> yet understand enough Python... :P
>
> The downside is that my script is still dependent on something that
> wouldn't normally be in the environment: The XMLStarlet package.
>
> I wonder... What would it take to rewrite the
> serialization/deserialization functions so that the output XML was
> better formed?

LLSD is used in a LOT of places in the system, so it's pretty unlikely
that we'd change the way that LLSD gets serialized to XML in general.
Using something other than LLSD for install.xml is something that might
be more likely, but only marginally so, I think.

I might be willing to help you out with this.  If you could have a
command line utility that pulled the right out, how would it work?

Rob