[sldev] slviewer on PLAYSTATION3

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:31:09 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM,  <takeshich.nakamura at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> on my PLAYSTATION3 with ubuntu7.10 linux,
> slviewer was compiled well(no FMOD,no LLmozilib) and work.
>
> http://takeshich.slmame.com/e493044.html
>
> but FPS is about 0.4
>
> I tried to make "mesa cell driver",but didn't work.
> http://www.mesa3d.org/cell.html
>
> To help performance,how can I do something else?

Do you have access and drivers for the accelerated 3d of the PS3?
without that you are going to get very bad performance. I remember the
PS2 was a bit funny about access to the accelerated 3D. Is there some
kind of opengl library for the PS3 available as well, i guess you are
compiling against mesa-common-dev which uses the mesa libGL.so, even
some kind of DRI rendering would be better than 0.4 FPS.

What does glxinfo report? should be some mesa-tools package.

Robin