[sldev] slviewer on PLAYSTATION3

Thomas Göttgens thomas at ist.schuldig.de
Wed Jan 21 02:40:21 PST 2009

Hello Gareth,

even if you got an SDK, still the main bottleneck would be the 256M
memory, since SL does not 'Load Levels' off a medium or the network.
Looking at the mem footprint of the last public nightly build, i can
not see this ever running with only 256 MB.

Back to the otherOS aka. Linux, on top of that you need to fit the OS
itself into memory, even if you don't start the X system or use Xfb.
Running stock Linux on the PS3 with KDE or Gnome slows the system to a
crawl already, that's why YDL uses Enlightenment by default.

--
Best regards,
 Thomas                            mailto:thomas at ist.schuldig.de