[sldev] [HELP] Compilation error & no sound -- Solved

Atashi Toshihiko atashi at felesmagus.com
Fri Jan 23 13:02:38 PST 2009

Thank you Aimee - the fat binary libraries was the answer.

I deleted everything and started over at the point of unpacking the
tar files, and just following the wiki did not do it, but adding the
step you mentioned did.  I made a simple shell script to speed up
dealing with the fmod libraries... not sure if some of it is redundant
(the part out of the wiki) but I've done both that and the stuff you
told me, and it works.

> #!/bin/bash
>
> # from the wiki
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/include
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/powerpc-darwin/lib_debug
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/powerpc-darwin/lib_release
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/i386-darwin/lib_debug/
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/i386-darwin/lib_release
> cp -p fmodapi375mac/api/inc/*.h linden/libraries/include
> cp -p fmodapi375mac/api/lib/libfmod.a linden/libraries/powerpc-
> darwin/lib_debug
> cp -p fmodapi375mac/api/lib/libfmod.a linden/libraries/powerpc-
> darwin/lib_release
> cp -p fmodapi375mac/api/lib/libfmodx86.a linden/libraries/i386-
> darwin/lib_debug/libfmod.a
> cp -p fmodapi375mac/api/lib/libfmodx86.a linden/libraries/i386-
> darwin/lib_release/libfmod.a
>
> # make the universal library folders
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/universal-darwin/lib_debug/
> mkdir -p linden/libraries/universal-darwin/lib_release
> # create the fat binary libraries
> lipo -create fmodapi375mac/api/lib/libfmod.a fmodapi375mac/api/lib/
> libfmodx86.a -output linden/libraries/universal-darwin/lib_release/
> libfmod.a
> cp -p linden/libraries/universal-darwin/lib_release/libfmod.a linden/
> libraries/universal-darwin/lib_debug/libfmod.a

Thank you to everyone who helped!

Cheers!

-Atashi