[sldev] [HELP] Compilation error & no sound

Aimee Trescothick aimee.trescothick at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:17:12 PST 2009

On 23 Jan 2009, at 00:57, Atashi Toshihiko wrote:

> I have searched through the XCode project and can't find any
> reference to libfmod and I've searched through my build directory
> tree (/Users/atashi/Documents/SL_Source/linden) and the only
> references to libfmod are the ones that were copied over from the
> fmod download as per the instructions on the wiki page, but none of
> those are .dylib they are all .a files.

Ah, just thought, this sounds like ... https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2008-July/011066.html

  Looks like it never into the wiki build instructions, oops. You need
to turn the libs into a fat binary on the Mac rather than just copying
them.

Something like this should do it ...

lipo -create fmodapi375mac/api/lib/libfmod.a fmodapi375mac/api/lib/
libfmodx86.a -output linden/libraries/universal-darwin/lib_release/
libfmod.a

cp -p linden/libraries/universal-darwin/lib_release/libfmod.a linden/
libraries/universal-darwin/lib_debug/libfmod.a

Aimee.