[sldev] Webmap API change

Harold Brown labrat.hb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:18:37 PST 2009

I have been able to start re-building my OpenLayers conversion of the MapAPI
again.  At least this new format was easier to work with then the previous
one, and I at least have the ability to display the SL map and directly
access the tiles from Amazon right now.

One thing curious is the "-objects.jpg" extension.

This leads me to believe that there are other map tile views available.  If
so, will we have access to that information?  I can think of a few I would
like available:

terrain
for sale (semi-transparent)
auction (semi-transparent)
linden owned
parcel border (transparent with black borders outlining parcel)
name + co-ordinate  (I can generate this at the highest zoom level manually,
but it is rather nasty) again transparent for overlay