[sldev] Webmap API change

SignpostMarv Martin me at signpostmarv.name
Mon Jan 26 03:21:42 PST 2009

Harold Brown wrote:
> I have been able to start re-building my OpenLayers conversion of the
> MapAPI again.  At least this new format was easier to work with then
> the previous one, and I at least have the ability to display the SL
> map and directly access the tiles from Amazon right now.
>
> One thing curious is the "-objects.jpg" extension.
>
> This leads me to believe that there are other map tile views
> available.  If so, will we have access to that information?  I can
> think of a few I would like available:

/me is currently doing a query on the bucket to see what files are listed.

> terrain
> for sale (semi-transparent)
> auction (semi-transparent)
> linden owned
You can query Linden-owned sims via the Land Store, as I do:
http://agni.sl.marvulous.co.uk/resident/Governor%20Linden/land/

You could probably do the same with sims for auction.

> parcel border (transparent with black borders outlining parcel)
multi-colour for indicating parcel owner and non-contiguous parcels
would be preferred.

> name + co-ordinate  (I can generate this at the highest zoom level
> manually, but it is rather nasty) again transparent for overlay

Any meta-data images should be semi-transparent, just so that they could
be easily overlaid without any 3rd-party image processing.

I don't think LL are going to put the names of the regions in the
bucket, too many considerations with regards to garbage collection etc.

~ Marv.