[sldev] OpenAL clients and MP3 streams...

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:37:30 PST 2009

Greetings SlDeviants! ;P

This is a request to those who might have compiled clients
successfully with OpenAL and have then running.
I've run into a peculiar issue:

Audio streams based on the MP3 file format will seemingly not play.
Debug shows a successful run of "LLAudioEngine::startInternetStream:
Playing....",
however, nothing can be heard. Volume values have been checked via
preferences and debug settings.
Audio streams of different format will play successfully. To try one
of those, visit the 'sick' sim as a proof of concept.
My bet on OpenAL being the cause comes from the fact that the
LL-compiled viewers, and those I compiled with FMod before did not
have this issue.

Any possible insights into the issue?

--Chalice Yao