[sldev] built 1.21.6 - how do I run it?

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 06:04:31 PST 2009

On a note, you don't need to copy all folders along with the .txt
files from the indra/newview folder.

'app_settings', 'fonts', 'character' and 'skins' suffice.

To sum it up:

indra/build-*/newview/release/ <- everything in that folder. might be
'relwithdebinfo' or 'debug' instead of release. build-* is something
like build-vc80
indra/newview/*feat*.txt <- all .txt files that have 'feature' in the name.
inda/newview/app_settings
inda/newview/character
inda/newview/fonts
inda/newview/skins

Last but not least:

Some of the libraries the client uses don't get copied automagically.

in particular, copy

libraries/win-32/lib/release/fmod.dll and/or openal32.dll into the
viewer folder. You will probably just need fmod.dll. ('win-32' might
have another name, I'm not in front of my own PC right now)

lldku.dll will have to be grabbed from an installed LL viewer and copied in.

Should you want to pass your viewer on, you can do so if you leave out
the 'fonts', slvoice*.exe files, vivoxsdk.dll and lldku.dll. They'll
need to get that from their own LL viewer or source installs. Also if
you pass the viewer on, it's good to include msvc71.dll and
msvr71.dll.

Btw. I'm all for using the opensource fonts KirstenLee Cinquetti uses
in her viewer for official LL releases :P One less proprietary
component that can't be distributed.