[sldev] Script Function llDetectedTouchUV(int index)

Sheet Spotter sheet.spotter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:13:45 PDT 2009

Each time an object is touched by the avatar, the viewer sends information
to the server that describe which object was touched and how.

I think you can find the information the viewer sends in the
"indra/newview/llviewermenu.cpp" source file. Look for the LLObjectTouch
class and then read the arguments passed to the "msg" variable in the
handleEvent method.

The information sent by the viewer includes the UVCoord, STCoord, face,
position, normal, and binormal.

Scripts run on the server (i.e., not the viewer), so scripts can only use
the information the viewer already sends to the server. I am not aware of
any ability for the viewer to include any "custom" information.

Sheet Spotter