[sldev] Snowglobe 1.0.3 and Snowglobe 1.1 updates

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Tue Jul 21 21:47:14 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

Here's the latest news on Snowglobe 1.0.3 and Snowglobe 1.1

Snowglobe 1.0.3:
Barring any unforeseen discoveries of serious regressions between
Snowglobe 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, we're going to go ahead with making 1.0.3 the
live version on our website tomorrow.  For those just tuning in, 1.0.3
contains a fix for SVC-4444 (problem with bulk permissions):
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4444

Since we were able to isolate this to a single fix, we're pretty
confident this build will be just fine for general consumption.  This
build is available on the Snowglobe download page here:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowglobe

Snowglobe 1.1:
We made some great progress (we hope) on two of the biggest crashers in
Snowglobe: SNOW-2 and SNOW-103
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-2
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-103

Merov made the final push on getting SNOW-2 done, which involved working
with Bill Hoffman @ Kitware in getting a more reproducible way of making
Curl builds.  We're now using the Ares asynch resolver on Windows and
have updated to use the latest version of Curl.

On the SNOW-103 front, Aleric Inglewood put the finishing touches on his
patch today, and now that work is checked in.

A build with fixes to SNOW-2 and SNOW-103 is available as 1.1.0.2548,
available here:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowglobe

Please give it a spin, especially if you run into SNOW-2 or SNOW-103 on
a frequent basis.

Thanks!
Rob