[sldev] Improving Existing Prim Modeling Tools

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:17:10 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Tigro
Spottystripes<tigrospottystripes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe this would be on topic http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-13344

I can't speak for the majority of that Jira. I can't say if the cost
of creating or processing what you're talking about would be worth it.
Someone with more knowledge will need to say.

However, the core of it is very relevant. Linking two prims together
and not have a visible seam between them? If that had gotten in before
sculpties, I wonder if people would have desired sculpties as much as
they did. SL could have taken a very divergent path.

However, "boolean operations" in major 3D programs is a notoriously
dirty concept. The geometry gets so messy afterwards it's practically
irreparable. A unique approach could be taken because of how
direct-to-render SL would be, but it would require move knowledge of
how the meshes themselves work.

Tigro, make a child jira for that one that talks specifically about
seamless linksets. I'd vote for that. This one I'd need to know it's
worth the cost to vote for.

-Stickman