[sldev] Hacking the wind

Vector Hastings vector at leafpile.com
Sun Jul 26 17:20:13 PDT 2009

The big limitation is that llSetLinkPrimitiveParams pauses the script for .2
seconds, so there would need to be multiple scripts running in the base prim
to modify something with as many prims as hair (sometimes over a hundred
flexis), and that's not only cumbersome but lag-inducing for general use.

That said, I am planning a hair script to do much this idea, but for
explosions -- stuff that's violent, because I think even the best scripted
solution probably will have a hard time creating the smoothness of wind.
(Also, wind blows in the same direction for everyone, but explosions blow
out from a source.)

(If you know of a script that would do this, I'd be happy to purchase and
save the coding time for something else.)

Thanks,

Vector