[sldev] sorry for the off-topic, need assistance from someone that understands the insides of the client

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon Jun 8 16:55:38 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 08:09:30PM -0300, Tigro Spottystripes wrote:
> I know I shouldn't be posting about my own technical issues here, but it
> has been quite difficult to get any help anywhere else. The help I did
> got didn't lead much anywhere, and I'm growing tired of fruitless blind
> try and error, I really would like someone to help me figure out exactly
> what is wrong, but preferably by actually studying the problem instead
> of trying random fixes for unkown problems

I read everything, even http://pastebin.com/f603fe150 and I think
that your login problems might be a direct result of that freeze.

If the viewer freezes for a long time, it 'times out' connections
and the login will simply fail.

I'm afraid it's just a guess - but if I was you I'd concentrate
on finding out what the viewer is doing (ie, by using a debugger)
at the moment it freezes.

That being said, if you want to do any serious research at all
regarding a viewer problem you will have to START with compiling
it yourself.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>