[sldev] Snowglobe status

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Thu Jun 11 11:54:09 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

Here's the latest status on Snowglobe.

We'd really like to be able to release this thing next week (shooting
for Thursday, June 18).  Merov is currently chasing down the curl
crashers (SNOW-2), and I'm doing some of the branding work (SNOW-17).

Merov: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-2
Rob: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-17

Anecdotal evidence is suggesting that SNOW-8 is a particularly bad
problem, and one that may constitute a blocker for release.  Alexa (who
has also seen this) is working out a solid repro case for this:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-8

There was an internal patch that we thought might address this, but
based on Thickbrick and Robin's attempts, either it doesn't fix the
problem, or they are missing the necessary context to adapt the patch
correctly.

Anyway, that's where we stand.  Thanks everyone for your efforts so far
on SNOW-8.  We're not done yet, so any further help here would be
*greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!
Rob