[sldev] Some early automation tests results.

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Sun Jun 21 14:46:52 PDT 2009

Nice work TechWolf,

I'm a bit sceptical about any positive conclusions that
might be drawn from this however.

Since 40 FPS is more than enough, I'd not be happy if
the fps went from 60 to 120 at the cost of LOD or other
detail (even drawing less prims due to the new limits).

Therefore I think you should try to do a test where the
FPS is on the low side; with 1.22.11 under 20 at least,
better would be a fps of 10.

Although, EVEN in that case I'd like to know how much
was actually drawn on the screen (thus, not just a count
of the FPS but also the number polygons being drawn and
a figure that tells us that the textures look ok.

Perhaps you can make a test with a static screen (just
standing somewhere), so that every test can be accompanied
with a screenshot that will allow us to see the differences
in quality (if any).

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>