[sldev] PreferredMaturity setting and settings.xml

Suzy Deffeyes suzyq at pobox.com
Fri Jun 12 06:48:34 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm working on porting OGP (
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Grid_Protocol ) login and teleport from
the OGP9 branch to Snowglobe.

I had a question about the PreferredMaturity setting.  I can understand why
the viewer would get the maturity flags from the server, but why save them
in settings.xml?  For authentication systems that don't pass back
agent_region_access (like OpenSim or OGP), wouldn't that mean that I'd end
up getting whatever the last main grid authenticate happened to store in my
settings.xml? And wouldn't this mean the setting.xml value for
PreferredMaturity would in fact not be user controllable via settings.xml?