[sldev] Late night thoughts on ways to prevent griefing

Gordon Wendt GordonWendt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 08:41:40 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Tigro Spottystripes <
tigrospottystripes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Argent Stonecutter escreveu:
> > The only way to stop griefer alts is to go back to June 2006 and
> > require payment info for EVERYONE. They should never have opened the
> > grid up to unverified accounts in the first place. People can grief
> > without scripts, they can't grief without an account.
>
> there wasn't any griefing back when alll accounts where paid?

There was and even when LL knew everyone's identity they didn't make use of
it, they just did the same thing they do know which is suspend/ban griefers
as they see them and remove objects and scripts as needed.  Pre-6/6/06
everyone was known but there was no deterrent because everyone knew then as
they know now that LL wouldn't use the information that they had to actually
go after people.  That being said I don't see how they could go after people
since you can't sue for damage for a prim damaging the roof of your virtual
house.  People asked and are asking the impossible of LL which makes it seem
like an ignorant idea.

-G.W.