[sldev] Status on Snowglobe release plus call to action

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 22:33:58 PDT 2009

Made it to the 16 hours logged in mark and then the client decided to log me out with the sim having issues message.

I was able to log back in immediately and the same people were in the sim so the sim was not restarting or anything like that.

Longest I have been able to keep a client logged on for a very long time.

Observation: In the other viewers I noticed it typically used 1.3GB memory. This viewer seems to load and retain more textures yet averages 830MB with increases in some notoriously high lag regions to 1.1GB. Then the memory drops back to 830MB steady once out of the laggy sims.

Something seems to be greatly improved with memory. :)