[sldev] Snowglobe Release Candidate 2

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Fri Jun 19 20:26:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

After getting several reports of problems with drag and drop in the Mac
dmg installer, we spent a little time working on a fix, and figured it out.

That is the *only* viewer change from RC1, so don't expect any big
improvements by downloading a new build.  However, we would appreciate
it if you did test it anyway, just in case there is some
phase-of-the-moon problem with the build rig.

We also worked around a problem with the crash reporter which kept the
crash reports from being terribly useful.  It's not truly fixed, but
it's in good enough shape such that crash reports on Windows moving
forward will be more useful than past crash reports.  So, if you had a
crash before this afternoon, and you know how to reproduce it, please do
so so that we can capture the new problem.

Builds are in the following locations.

Win32:
http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2009/http-texture/2451/Snowglobe_1-0-2-2451_Setup.exe

Mac:
http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2009/http-texture/2451/Snowglobe_1_0_2_2451.dmg

Linux:
http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2009/http-texture/2451/Snowglobe-i686-1.0.2.2451.tar.bz2

Almost there.  Thanks for all of your help!

Rob