[sldev] LLViewerObject and hover text

Kent Quirk (Q Linden) q at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 23 06:19:32 PDT 2009

Well, I haven't worked with this area specifically, but from a quick
look through the code, I think what you want is an instance of the
LLHudText class (which is the type of the mText object).

In llviewerobject.cpp, there's this code:

					// Setup object text
					if (!mText)
					{
						mText = (LLHUDText
*)LLHUDObject::addHUDObject(LLHUDObject::LL_HUD_TEXT);
						mText->setFont(LLFontGL::sSansSerif);
						mText->setVertAlignment(LLHUDText::ALIGN_VERT_TOP);
						mText->setMaxLines(-1);
						mText->setSourceObject(this);
						mText->setOnHUDAttachment(isHUDAttachment());
					}

and then:
					mText->setColor(LLColor4(coloru));
					mText->setStringUTF8(temp_string);

Is that the hint you're looking for? See llhudtext.h/cpp for more.