[sldev] "easybuild" branch, courtesy Kitware

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Sat Mar 28 04:44:37 PDT 2009

Personally I find SCons much much easier to work with, especially for
porting work - is there any way  SCons could be brought back alongside
cmake perhaps?

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you may recall from December, we issued an RFP for improving our
> build process:
> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-11114
>
> We got a couple of great proposals, and selected Kitware (makers of
> CMake) for doing that work.
>
> Work has commenced now.  Kitware convinced us that an important first
> step is to move develop.py out of the way, and just have developers
> invoke CMake in order to start a build.
>
> The really astute among you may have already noticed this work here:
> http://svn.secondlife.com/trac/linden/browser/projects/2009/easybuild
>
> We'll have more details later about how that work is going by next week,
> but I've been meaning to get this note out for a while.
>
> Rob
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev

“Lanie, I’m going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for
everyone. That’s worth going to jail for. That’s worth anything.” -
Printcrime by Cory Doctrow