[sldev] [IDEA] SL as window manager (was: Added streaming info for Linux, Windows/Mac version needed)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Sun Mar 29 04:39:25 PDT 2009

Argent Stonecutter schrieb:
> Alternatively, being able to map programs outside SL onto some
> equivalent of media textures IN SL would be nice. Trivial in X11 (make
> SL your window manager :) )
That'd be fun anyway. I already thought about trying to make a GTK+
theme in the style of the SL GUI, but having local programs run "within"
SL would be way cooler. Bonus points if one can dynamically switch
between display in floaters and on prims and choose whether/what to
share with others. Just don't transform Thunderbird's
toaster-notifications into blue SL pop-ups :-P

... dreams Boroondas